Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Delih India 2011 Day 1 to 2


Here is a sneak preview of the arrival terminal of the new India airport! Nice right, not as dirty, old, and yellow as I thot it will be




WELCOME TO INDIA!





TADA .. and this marks my second trip out without my family

You had imagine that the toilets of India airport will be old, smelly, not maintained and dirty etc.... but here is an exact picture of how it welcomed me when I touched down at the airport... obviously I dun have to move on further about the cleanliness in it (:



Good start I must say







The roads of New delih takes after the greenery of Singapore... minus the consistent horning system in India. They horn to let the car infornt know they are behind them... wtf

New delih's version of city cab as above


And now presenting the zebra crossing of new delih








My first Hotel in India (New delih) - Leela ... very corporate feeling....





Flowers that welcomed me at my First hotel... Leela





Selection of Jam available for breakfast... random to the max



The first place we visited as below know as the might of Islam, this is the first mosque that is built by the first muslim Sultan. Tower was constructed in red sand stone (one of their main materials used commonly in constructing main buildings and forts)






The garden built to resemble the garden of paradise know to most muslim...







Let me apologise for much photos on tombs to be posted in this journey in India.... and I hereby present the first form of ancient tomb that I got into contact with.....



The small little retangular shape areas are believe to have some form of status in it in ancient times

Take a look below at the arabics engraving of the koran on the walls of this beautiful building




Alai-uarwaza





Squirrels spotted!






more photos of the surroundings







working hard to maintain the building .....




A good advise to anyone who has made intention to travel to india at some point of your life within the near time..... if you wan to take pictures of the Indians living there, (in any activities they do be it with their pet or just em) pls do that sceretly unless you have intension of paying them (appx - 10 to 100 ruppes)




But any form of actions like these, or buying form hawkers outside tourist attractions is strongly not encourage... let me explain to you why...




You will probably think that they are unfortunate blah blah.... a little bit of money can go a long way for them ..... but fact is .... (in order to also make u guilt free).... if you give one , 10 will come to you, if you encourage the kids to go out to the streets to beg, sell etc... they have a mentality formed that "If I can make money form this activity... what is the point of goint to school... I can't make money there...." ---> this is the exact thinking of the uneducated kids from poor family...




In India.. the government has put forth schools for kids that comes form low income family, even provide food for the kids for free so that parents will send them to school for the sake of the food at least. So I dun have to explain any further right.... hehehe




This is how I learnt my lesson about each picture you take with their permission cost ..... 100 ruppes for me approx $4 SGD




Moving on to the next stop... a drive around new and old delih.....




Starting off with the parliment VIP areas....











Next up the gate of Ancient india....
traffic conditions in India...


Some roadside activities...




next tourist attraction that I can't rmb what place or name of this place.... its in New delih


my excitied bf walking towards the gate....





One photo ...



And more walk....... its summer so you can imagine how much torture I went through... How much swears was made of the heat that was there..... tmd....








Ahhhh finally.... we are here... the next "grave yard" of one of the royal families ....





This place contains many tombs... the brave warriors... guards.... legal wifes... children... king....




The slightly less important ones left outside I suppose







and looking at these tombs... possibly the royals...
Feels like I went India to do qing ming can.

Wrapping up the day with shopping! I had a mega shopping mall next to my hotel! So fun right... I dun have to risk being stalk by hawkers, dun need to take cab... and upmarket brands.... to be excatly, you feel like you just walked into one of Singapores mall perhaps located in Serangoon or Little India..... you get what I mean right.....




Charles and keith was there


Mango


Body Shop etc... so Singapore!




They even have a fun fair located inside the mall!




Dinner was at one of the restuarant at the mall... food was awesome! damm good phrantha (prata) and curries!







Checking out......









signing offffff

eve


No comments: